Japan

Japan

Monday, October 26, 2015

Another week gone by - Week #74

Konnichiwa minasan!

So we went to Miyajima for Pday again. It's my 3rd time going so it's safe to say I know my way around the island now. We didn't hike this time though, thank goodness. My legs don't need to feel like jelly yet again. But I actually bought souvenirs this time! I didn't buy a samurai sword though. Sorry family. I just wasn't sure how I was going to get it home. But just know that I did think about it. I bought smaller more transportable things.

So this week has been good. We are still working with Dustin on his after baptism lessons and he is still SO solid. Which is why we are thinking of having him teach us the lessons from now on. This should be good.

We also have a new investigator Andrew. He's a marine. Shocker, I know. He is also friends with the Carters and Mitchell. So this party is just getting bigger. But he's way cool. He's studied a lot of religions so he knows a lot of stuff. So we always have to be prepared to answer SUPER deep questions. This is not like teaching Japanese people at all. But we taught him about Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon and he agreed to read the Book of Mormon and pray about it.

We are still teaching Mitchell, Tsugumi, and Ayumi so have no fear. But there's not so much to update on them. So be prepared for next week! It's going to be exciting. You'll get to hear about transfer calls and our Halloween party that we are throwing for our Eikaiwa students. There will be singing and dancing featured so it should be entertaining. 

We had stake conference this week and our branch presidency got rearranged so Brother Mann, who was our ward mission leader, is now in the branch presidency. So we will be getting a new ward mission leader. We're a little sad but also looking forward to finding out who the new one will be. 

In stake conference there was a focus on patriarchal blessings and also the fact that we are where we are right now for a reason. We have a specific mission to fulfill. I don't necessarily know why I'm in Iwakuni, but I know that all of the members who are here and all of the people I have met have blessed my life. They have made me want to be a better person and have cheered me up whenever I have felt down. So never doubt the influence you have on other people, and never doubt that you are where you are right now for a reason!

Hope everyone has a good week! Happy Halloween!

Malone Shimai


My 3rd and probably final time to Miyajima Island 
I know the Island very well now!

On the ferry to Miyajima

Me & Willson Shimai

There is Miyajima Island!!

There are so many deer on the Island!

It was a great day

Me & Salmon Shimai

Ring that bell!!

Willson Shimai taking a selfie of the two of us

No comments:

Post a Comment