Japan

Japan

Monday, October 19, 2015

Oh where oh where did October go? - Week #73

Konnichiwa minasan!

The rate at which time flows now is scaring me. I can't believe it's already getting to the end of October. It's going to be scary! (See what I did there?)

So this week we had interviews with our mission president. This is the first interview I've had with President Egan as my mission president. Technically, he interviewed all of us when they first arrived in Japan, but it was more a get to know you interview. This was my first actual missionary worthiness interview with him. And it was really good. Turns out he knew exactly what I needed to hear and what I was struggling with. Turns out mission presidents receive revelation. Who knew? So since my interview I've been feeling a lot better and I hope I can keep it that way until...you know, a long time. Kaicho just talked about love and how if we truly love God with all our heart, mind, and soul then we can do anything. When we feel that love for God, it will extend to everyone we meet and show in everything we do. So turns out love is important. Who knew?

So we are doing after baptism lessons with Dustin and he is still WAY solid. In fact we are thinking maybe he should start teaching US the lessons to make it more fun. It's good preparation for a mission:) He also already has his interview scheduled in order to receive the Aaronic priesthood. We are so excited for him!

We also met with Ayumi san again this week. Her lessons are so great. She always asks the best questions. It shows that she really thinks about these things and that she wants to learn. She asked about what happens after this life, and she also asked about a Heavenly Mother (which was kind of shocking). So we talked to her about the temple and about baptism. We invited her to be baptized but we haven't set a specific date yet, so please pray for Ayumi san this week.

And we received yet another referral from one of the YSAs in the ward (there's like 2, well now 3 with Dustin). So we are going to be teaching another marine this week. Except apparently he knows a lot about different religions so we have to be on our A game. We'll see how it goes!

I hope everyone has a great week! Ganbatte kudasai!

Malone Shimai


Sometimes we do random things!!

This is a ditch full of little lobsters and
this Japanese boy is telling me all about them.


Welte Shimai & I had lunch with Kazumi

Me & Kazumi

Junkais - also known as exchanges!



No comments:

Post a Comment