Japan

Japan

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

What even happened this week? - Week #72

Konnichiwa minasan!

Sorry I'm emailing so late. We went with an investigator up to Hiroshima. And guess where we went? Costco. That's right. They have a Costco here. It was kind of like the Twilight Zone for me, but overall I loved it! Pumpkin pie, muffins, and dried mangoes here we come!

This week was full of planning and miracles. And General Conference!!!! Seriously I think Sunday may have been the best day of my mission, if not my life.

Us four sister missionaries, the Yanai Elders, Dustin, Bryan, and Mitchell all came to the Mann's house to watch General Conference. And we made breakfast. And sat on their comfy couch. It was so wonderful. And holy cow was it just me or was this conference especially good? Maybe it's a missionary thing. There were so many talks that I felt like were just what I needed to hear. I definitely need to ponderize some more about it, but at least I know the gospel works! (See what I did there?) 
After both sessions of General Conference we headed over to the beach and pretty much everyone in the branch showed up. Then Dustin and Brother Mann walked out into the water and he was baptized. I love baptisms so much. The Spirit is so strong every time. It never gets old. Sunday was definitely a spiritual high. I don't really have words to express how I felt, but I think you all can understand.

We also met with Ayumi san this week. We met her streeting and she ended up coming to Eikaiwa. She is so nice and really has a sincere interest in learning about God. We had a lesson with her on Saturday and when we taught her about prayer and Sister Welte prayed at the end she started crying. I've never had that happen but it was definitely a cool experience.

I definitely don't deserve the blessings that Heavenly Father has given me this past week. But I know that he is always ready and waiting to give us those blessings if we show forth our faith. Thanks to everyone's prayers and words of encouragement I've made it this far. So I guess I'll keep trucking along. Ganbarimasu!

Malone Shimai


Me & Welte Shimai before the baptism

Me, Dustin & Welte Shimai

Me, Dustin, Bro. Mann & Welte Shimai

Dustin's Baptism


Dustin in baptized!


                                    Before the baptism, we met at the Mann's
for breakfast and General Conference

So thankful for the many good people in the branch,
 like the Manns!

                                An American Breakfast!! - Can't wait!!

                              Dustin, Bryan and Mitchell with the Yanai Elders

I couldn't have asked for a better day!!



No comments:

Post a Comment