Japan

Japan

Saturday, October 10, 2015

There can be miracles when you believe! - Week #71

Konnichiwa minasan! 

So we have some awesome news for you all. You may recall that last week at the end of my email (or somewhere in it, I don't really remember) I talked about a lesson we were teaching that night to a referral from one of the members in our Iwakuni branch. Well his name is Dustin. And it turns out that we taught him the first lesson, invited him to be baptized, and he said yes! So when we asked him when he wanted to be baptized he said October 5 and we were like "Awesome!" Wait a second, that's in one week. That means we would have to teach you everything and get a baptism ready all in one week. Ok hold up. How about the next weekend so we have a LITTLE more time. He said okay. So yeah, Dustin is getting baptized this coming Sunday. Right after General Conference finishes. Is this going to be the best weekend of my life? Maybe. 

Dustin is a marine, and he is from Alabama. He is way awesome and he grew up in the Baptist church, but he started searching for answers that his church couldn't give him and eventually that has led him to this point. I wish I could tell you the entire story, but I don't have time. You'll have to hear him tell it. It's amazing. 

His friend Bryan who introduced him to the church is also such a good example of member missionary work. I feel like maybe Bryan should start coming with us when we go tracting, but he doesn't speak Japanese unfortunately. But when you have the Spirit, who needs language? (I still do, but I'm a special case). 

We are still teaching Tsugumi san and she is doing great. She is the sweetest person you will ever meet. Everything we teach her she gets excited about. Because of work though she hasn't been able to attend church yet. So if you could pray for her to have an opportunity to attend church that would be great!

Honestly, I don't know why we have been meeting so many cool people this transfer and why so many miracles are happening. I feel like I don't deserve it. But I am happy to be an instrument in the Lord's hands to help any of his children who want to come closer to Him. It's the most wonderful feeling in the world! So because I'm a missionary, I'm going to step up on my soap box and encourage everyone to think about someone they can reach out to and help them come closer to Christ in whatever way possible. (Sometimes this includes meeting the missionaries, but other times it may just be a listening ear, or delivering some delicious brownies-I KNOW that helps:)

Ok stepping off soap box now. No I still haven't seen General Conference. Don't rub it in!
Hope everyone has a great week!

Love,
Malone Shimai


Our English class is free!!

             We love our time at Eikaiwa class - 4 of us with Tsugumi & Ayumi san

                               Jumping on the beach!  - Branch picnic last week


Me & Welte Shimai with Dustin

Me, Willson, Welte & Salmon Shimai - It was a fun day!!

Me, Willson & Welte Shimai 

Me & Smith Shimai - She is my doki
(We came into the mission at the same time)

Zone Conference 

No comments:

Post a Comment