Japan

Japan

Monday, July 20, 2015

It's July and it's hot / Week #60

Konnichiwa minasan!

Can you believe it's almost the end of July already? Where does the time go? Actually I know where it goes. It gets evaporated by the heat. Actually that's not true either. It's so humid here you just have a layer of moisture on you all the time. I must have amnesia from last summer because I swear it wasn't this bad in Okinawa. I think I blocked it out. Anyways...

So last Monday we went bowling on base with some of the members and I discovered that unfortunately I still can't bowl to save my life. I wanted to join the kids lane with the bumpers. At least then I would have a good score. But maybe that will be a goal for me to work on. Get better at bowling so I won't be ashamed to play with the grandmas and grandpas. 

Today we are heading up to Hiroshima to see the Peace Park where the bomb was dropped. Stevenson shimai has been there before and she said it is a really good experience. Kind of sad, but definitely worth it. So we are going as a district. I will try to take pictures and send them next week. 

Now on to the good stuff, we had another lesson with the Sakamoto couple this week. And this is the first lesson where we had a member come joint. Sakamura kyodai came and helped a lot. He's a return missionary so he really knows how to teach people, and he's Japanese so he can actually speak. Turns out that helps a lot. We talked about faith. It's still hard for Sakamoto san to believe but we are hoping that slowly but surely his heart will open. So Sakamura kyodai invited them to church and they came again! They also discovered the Gospel Principles manual and realized it's way easier to understand than the Book of Mormon so we let them take them home to read. So I took that as a good sign. But if you could keep them in your prayers I would appreciate it.

Other than that this week has been a lot of finding. We are still looking to find that kinjin (golden) investigator who will accept our message. But in order to do that we know we need to be perfectly obedient! Perfect obedience produces miracles! So even though it's hard sometimes, when we have that goal in our minds it is worth it! 

I hope everyone has a perfectly obedient, but still fun, week!!

Malone Shimai


Me & Stevenson Shimai with the Sakamotos


Our District - Iwakuni 


No comments:

Post a Comment