Japan

Japan

Monday, September 14, 2015

Hiroshima is Pretty Cool! / Week #68

Konnichiwa Minasan!

Yeah, Hiroshima is pretty cool. Not gonna lie I wish I had the
opportunity to serve there, but at least I am close enough we can take
trips for pday like we did today. We ate delicious Hiroshima style okonomiyaki  for
lunch!

This week we had lots of lessons which is exciting. Always would
rather have a lesson than be out tracting. 
We met with the Sakamotos, Mitchell  and Yamamoto San. We taught Yamamoto some more about prayer and I think he is willing to try it now. We will follow up with him this week. We haven't visited Morioka San this week because he is out of town again for his work. Hopefully he is okay.

I got to go on exchanges with Sister Stevenson this week! One more
time with my old companion before she finishes her mission! So we went
and heart attacked the Carters and visited Sister White. When we were
housing we met this grandma and her daughter who were so nice! They
weren't really interested but her daughter had traveled all over
America when she was younger so we were talking about that. Then the
grandma pulled out this music book of old American folk songs and said
she loves westerns and Indians. And then she started humming
Shenendoah and asked if we knew it. I was so surprised. I told her I
knew it and then she asked if I would sing it. So I sang for this old
grandma and her daughter. At the end she said "I had been wishing that
some gaijin ( foreigner) could come and sing this for me." And it
happened! So apparently I was sent to fulfill that grandmas dream.
Miracles!

Next week is transfers so I will write on Tuesday!  Have a great week!


Malone shimai


Welte Shimai, Me, Salmon Shimai & Willson Shimai
at Hiroshima Castle

The entry step into the castle - read the English

Hiroshima City

Another view of Hiroshima City

Hiroshima Castle in the distance

There are six rivers that flow through Hiroshima

The Hiroshima Peace Memorial - Genbaku Dome (Atomic Bomb)
The only structure left standing in the area after the bomb

Our group in front of Genbaku Dome

Us again!!

I had to have a pic with the pink bunny barriers!!

Hiroshima Peace Memorial Museum

Our "Mid Heel Click"

See you next week!!

Look close at this picture we took in the church nursery - 
It caused a lot of screams but luckily Inoue Shimai 
(A brave Japanese mom) grabbed it with chopsticks and
threw it in a bucket of water!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment