Japan

Japan

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Things that were, things that are, and some things that will shortly come to pass / Week #21

Konnichiwa minisan!


This week was good. A little different than what I'm used to in Okinawa.  We did a lot of contacting and housing this week because a lot of our investigators couldn't meet with us this week and we realized that we need new investigators who will progress. Luckily, Heavenly Father is merciful and we have already found some new investigators. I'm still not good at talking to people in my limited Japanese but I'm getting better! Me and Pinzon Shimai kind of get in a groove where I introduce us and ask some questions and then she swoops in and answers things when I don't understand anymore which takes like 10 seconds...

Sam and Jonathan are doing great. We met with them on Monday to do Family Home Evening together and also combined it with teaching a lesson about missionary work. And as usual they were way ahead of us. I guess one of their neighbors was asking what church they go to and had questions about our church so they told her a little bit about it and why they like it. They're so great! 

They also had their baptismal interviews on Saturday. Sam is solid. They met with us an hour before because Jonathan had some questions about some things he had heard about from the Pearl of Great Price and about modern prophets. We just encouraged him to turn towards his Heavenly Father for answers rather than outside sources. He knows this gospel is true he just questions certain details. Their baptism is this Saturday at 6 pm! I know that they are going to be a solid family in the church and I'm so excited for them!

We've also been working with Karla since her baptism, obviously. She has already had a lot of people ask her questions and she started reading stuff online. So she started to have some doubts. But luckily we brought Sister Gillis over for our lesson and she was able to share about her and her husbands experience since they are both converts to the church. She was able to say exactly what Karla needed to hear about how this time will be difficult for her as a new convert because Satan is going to throw everything he has at her, but if she can turn to her Heavenly Father and trust in her testimony the blessings will pour down on her. Sister Gillis was amazing.

There's so much work to be done with investigators, and less actives and recent converts x 3 wards/branches. But I'm glad we stay busy and that there is always work to be done. Okinawa is a great area! And I have an awesome district. So I will email you guys later to let you know about transfers. I really hope I get to stay one more transfer but we will see what Heavenly Father has in store for me. 

Malone Shimai

Random notes:

We went to a crossfit class at the church on Friday. Needless to say I'm REALLY sore. Why do I think I can just jump back into working out that hard?

We had a talent show after Eikaiwa. Sister Wells and Elder French sang an awesome version of Secret Prayer which included him beat boxing for the last verse. Don't worry. I recorded it.

We had Spanish class again. Anytime Pinzon Shimai asks me something in Spanish I can't reply because only Japanese comes to my mind. I should probably not try to learn another language right now.

The General Women's Meeting was awesome! Yes we're a little late seeing it. Although I'm not going to lie all the talk about temples is kind of hard for us missionaries to hear since we can't go to one right now.



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Transfers!

Ok so we actually got our transfer calls at like noon but we had to hurry and go to the beach afterwards. That was great by the way. I'll send a few pictures as a preview.
So...all of us are staying, except for Nagamine shimai. She is going to Sasebo which is up by Nagasaki. It's actually another military area. But we are so sad she is leaving! It's hard when you get used to living with people and love them only to have them leave. Although both Nagamine shimai and Wells shimai only have one transfer left anyways. Then they are going home! How weird is that? I can't even imagine being at that point. Anyways, I hope everyone has a good week. I'm excited to be in Okinawa for Thanksgiving! Yay for American food! 
Love you!

Malone Shimai

                                          
                               Sam, Jonathan & their son Sebastian - Oct 2014

The Beautiful Ocean - Okinawa Oct 2014

                                          How Cool is this View?
   
                                         We are So Cool!

                           By the Sea, By the Sea, By the Beautiful Sea....

No comments:

Post a Comment