Japan

Japan

Monday, September 15, 2014

One transfer down, Okinawa to go / Week #16

Konnichiwa!

So I'm still in Okinawa! Yay! I'm so happy. This is such a great area. Everybody from my district stayed which is cool. There was only one change. Elder Ho joined Elder French and Elder Horstmeier so they are a trio now. And Elder Dolbin got a new missionary (also known as a bean)! And I totally know him from the MTC. He was in the group that came in after us. His name is Elder Clinger. It's so funny to see him and think I was just like that a month and a half ago. It feels longer. But they say time goes by faster after your first 2 transfers, so I'm almost there!

The weather here is still rainy and humid? Is it getting cooler in Utah yet?

Tuesday was super fun. Us four sisters went zip-lining with the Crosbys. It was fun but a little more work than zip lining in Mexico. You climb up the poles and then you hook yourself up to the line. They teach you how don't worry. And then you go across and land on a big bed of wood chips. I totally got a huge scratch on my leg when I landed hard one time. I took a picture of my legs but I'm not sure I should send it because you will think that I must be falling a lot. Which is kind of true. I totally fell off my bike this week. Pinzon Shimai was there to help me though, after she finished laughing.


This week we started teaching Karla the commandments. She is doing really well. She understands each commandment we teach her and hasn't had a problem yet. We've taught her the Word of Wisdom, Tithing, Fasting, and some more. On Sunday they announced her baptism in church and some members have already stepped forward to offer help. They are so nice! We just want to make sure she's really prepared for her interview so we will be meeting with her a few times this week to teach her the rest of the commandments and start in on Laws and Ordinances. She shares her testimony practically every time we meet with her. I can't believe I have an investigator who is getting baptized.

We have two new investigators that we met with this week. Their names are Sam and Jonathan. They have a little boy named Sebastian. Sam works for a member on base and I guess he mentioned some things about the church and invited her to attend. We were able to meet with them on Thursday at a members house and teach them the first discussion. It went really well. They have a lot of questions but they are really good questions. She is more religious than her husband but both of them are interested in learning and we committed them to pray about Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon. We're excited to meet with them again!

Some of our investigators have been busy this week or have things going on. I think I'm learning that sometimes all we can do is just let our investigators know that we love them and we are there for them. 

I gave my first talk on Sunday in Japanese! I was really nervous this whole week about writing my talk. It was on honesty which is kind of a hard topic to speak on in Japanese. Just because I'm not familiar with the vocabulary. It would've been easier to speak about faith or the Book of Mormon. But I did it and I think it went well. At least that's what people tell me. And hopefully they're not lying because I spoke about honesty.

Today we are going to get haircuts for P-day. Mainly I just need to get my bangs trimmed because they are getting super long. (I can hear mom making a comment about telling me to trim my bangs often so they don't get too long all the way from here). But I'm doing it!

It's funny because each week there are so many good things that happen that I forget about until I look back through my planner and see who we visited or taught. I don't know what I would do without my planner. It contains my life pretty much. 

Well I hope everyone has a good week! Have lots of fun, but not too much fun. Until next week!

Malone Shimai

                                               A couple of pics of Me & Pinzon Shimai



Me & Wells Shimai

Another day in Okinawa

Recent baptism

District Elders in Okinawa

My zip-lining injuries!

Some of the English Advertisements are so funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment