Japan

Japan

Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Yes its Christmas once more... - Week #80

Konnichiwa minasan!

Can you tell that I`m excited for Christmas? I make Kasamatsu shimai sing Christmas hymns every morning even though there are only like 8 in the Japanese hymn book. And we have lights in our apartment from Bearman Shimai`s family. And on the streets we ask everyone what their image of Christmas is. In Japan its basically a couple date day. Oh Japan. You don`t know what you are missing! That`s why we are here! So we tell them its actually about the birth of Jesus Christ and how he is our Savior. Sometimes they still don`t think its that cool...but we are working on it!

So we had junkais (exchanges) with the Sister Training Leaders who are Sister Magalogo and Sister Peterson, both of whom I love. So I went with Sister Peterson and we had a blast! Although we did both realize why we were never companions. We become way more awkward together. But it was still fun. We didn`t set any return appointments but we met a few people who gave us their phone number and said to contact them to see when they have time to meet. 

Other than that we visited a lot of less active members this week and shared a Christmas message with them. We gave them a broach the Relief Society sisters made (I`ll have to show you mine sometime), and then we shared the new video the church released. One sister told us she had been feeling a little lonely and had wondered if we would come. Answers to prayers!

So this week has been interesting. I feel like my emotions are on a rollercoaster lately. At one point I`m excited, then I`m terrified, then I feel like I haven`t done enough, then I feel like I just want to shut my brain off. But I`ve been reading General Conference talks lately and it seems like they are always just what I need. I read President Monson`s talk called Joy in the Journey from 2008. I recommend it to everyone. It reminded me to enjoy the time I have left and work hard and not worry about whats ahead. And don`t worry about whats behind. Just do your best and live joyfully now.

Last of all a big Happy Birthday to Devin and Jill! You guys are both one year older! Have fun this week and let me know if you want anything (within reason)!

Have a great week everyone!

Malone Shimai
                          
                             Dinner with the STL's - Peterson & Magalogo

                                         Me & Kasamatsu Shimai
                                      wearing our lovely bike helmets!

                                              Me, Kasamatsu and the Elders

                            Lowe Shimai's Bday party - Us with Shimoji Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment