Japan

Japan

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Transfer week! / Week #33

Konnichiwa minisan! 

So it's transfer week once again. I can't believe I'm going to be on my 5th transfer. People are going to start thinking I know stuff or something. I honestly thought that I was staying in Okinawa for one more transfer but because of recent things I can't be sure anymore. Don't worry I'll be sure to email later when I find out!

But other than that this week has been good! I just want everyone to know that I am legal again! We had to go to Naha to get me a new registration card. It took about 2 and a half hours, but thanks to the member who works there I was able to get a new one!  He really helped a lot. So now if I do transfer I won't have to explain to Kaicho why I can't leave Okinawa. Yay for miracles!

We're still working with our recent converts. Elina is still awesome as always. I think maybe she should just come along with us for our other lessons because I think people will be converted after hearing her share her testimony. 

We also had two AB lessons with Okamune shimai this week. I think it's been a lot of information for her to absorb this week so she asked us a lot of questions. She said she's a little confused but she's still okay. We told her to just take it little by little. But she's still doing awesome.

We had a lesson with Sam and Jonathan too. Jonathan hasn't been able to come to church for the past few weeks because of his new job but he's pretty sure he can come this next Sunday. He feels so bad about it. We told him it's okay that we know he's trying his hardest. So we'll be praying that he can come to church on Sunday!

Also we met with Emi yesterday and kind of talked about whether she still wants to meet with us because it's been a while and she hasn't really been progressing. She still didn't give us a straight up answer but I think she's leaning towards no. But she said if she gets this new job she interviewed for she will be able to come to church on Sundays. So at the end we prayed that Emi would find a new job and that everything would work out. Then later that night she texted us and said she got the job! Prayer really does work!

Also I haven't talked about Minami in a really long time. Minami wasn't taking the lessons when I got here, although she had had them before. She still came to Eikaiwa though and on P-days we would go shopping or go out to do fun things. Before Pinzon shimai left we started doing lessons again. Mainly to practice our Japanese and to go over Lesson 5 which she never received before. But this transfer Minami has started coming to church every week. And at a Relief Society activity she told everyone her goal for this year is to start reading the Book of Mormon again. So we don't really know where this is coming from or what is motivating it but it's really cool!

So there's been lots of little miracles happening this transfer. Sometimes it's hard to see because here in Okinawa there's always baptisms happening, but if you don't have a baptism sometimes you feel like you're not doing enough. And we deal with 2 military branches and 1 ward and it's hard to know where to put our focus sometimes. But I've been reminded that Heavenly Father works miracles everyday whether it's a baptism or whether it's somebody on the street actually listening to you!

Transfers always bring changes, and I'm trying to be ready and willing for whatever Heavenly Father has in store for me. But I love Okinawa and I'm grateful for the opportunities I've had here. I hope everyone has a great week!

Malone Shimai
____________________________

***Just found out tonight, Jan. 13th that Sister Malone is being transferred to mainland.  She will serve in Kumamoto with her first companion Sister Pinzon!!


Me hitting mocchi!

Getting ready to hit again!

Everything is cooler in Okinawa


Sam & I love photobombing

                                                 Me & Jeffery Shimai at the Aquarium

                                                        Before we were companions

I look like a flight attendant

No comments:

Post a Comment